Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. One Week After Surgery

Weigh more than day of surgery. Is this the norm? Anxious to start losing.
  2. Always weigh yourself more than once

I stepped on the scale this morning, it read 101.0. What?! Why you lying to me, scale. I'm on a steroid pack right now. I know I've been to the bathroom more times than I can count, but no way that I lost that many pounds. I stepped on it about 10 more times, and finally got it to say 109.4 three times consistently. That sounds much more accurate. My scale is just as nuts as I am 😂
  3. Great News

So today I finally received all the approvals from BCBS and have a surgery date scheduled. I have a pre appointment on June 2nd the surgery on June 15th. I am sure I am going through many of the same emotions others have had on the day they get their schedule. Excited, happy, apprehensive, scared, did I say EXCITED and HAPPY? I have been working for 2 years to make this decision. I am looking forward to my sleeve helping me make the right decisions for a healthy life. I look forward to sharing ...
  4. One-Year Sleeversary notes and thoughts

Recovery Time:

Post surgery I recuperated very quickly, too quickly, I felt great and energetic. I started walking immediately, taking 5-10 minutes walks every hour I was awake the first three days, and gradually increasing until I was walking 30-45 minutes straight. I started low-impact cardiovascular exercise after my one-week post-op check-up. While walking is highly recommended immediately post-op (mainly to avoid blood clots and to assist the CO2 left over from surgery), there ...
  5. 18 Days left...

*eeeeek* Its almost time for surgery. Its so weird to think it was 2 months ago already then I started my journey of researching a place to actually have my surgery to actually paying the deposit to now only 18 days left until the day. I am super excited.

Also, because no one knows me in real life on here.. I am happy to say: I smoked cigarettes since I was a kid. I am 33 now. This surgery has already helped me to a healthier life. My Doctor said I had to quit smoking at least ...