Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. 20 weeks-Car Accident-51/71-Life is Grand!

So I am 20 weeks out today. I can't believe it! I swear when I was going through the insurance process and waiting for approval the time was sooo slow. Now it is flying by and I am loving life! I have lost 51 lbs post op and 71 lbs total. I really did not think the sleeve would work this well for me. I was skeptical because so many things have failed over a years. It sounded too good to be true. Turns out....the sleeve and me are a good fit!

So I was on my way home from work ...
  2. Very early in the process...still gathering information

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my regular practitioner to talk about my latest A1c, which was 6.9, and I will be telling her about my upcoming consultation with the bariatric surgeon. With my insurance (UHC) I was able to schedule the consultation appointment on my own, but of course I want my normal regular practitioner to be aware of what's going on with me! For some reason I am feeling nervous about meeting with her.

These are the appointments I have scheduled:
  3. Working Body & Mind

One of the biggest things I've learned since having surgery, that's a mental and physical process. I'm working with a trainer now and I'm learning to trust my body which isn't always easy. Here's my latest story:

https://downthescale.com/2017/03/23/...body-and-mind/

Take care,
    Jen
  4. Designer Clothes

Is there a place to sell clothes on this site? Some I will give away but other things i'd like to get some money to replace them. Items for sale now are 1x and 2x.
  5. 1-2 Week Post Op Diet

Does anyone have any meal ideas for the 1st week clear liquid and 2nd week Post Op Diet? I have a few different shakes from Unjury and Bariatric Advantage but would like a variety of shake ideas and meals so I won't get bored.