Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. 78 days post op - the body I always wanted

I've lost a total of 53 lbs since August 11. People are really noticing and of course that feels great. I can eat just about anything I want to, but I can't eat a lot of it.

My scars are pink and very visible but slowly fading. I've been weight training to help add muscle and burn calories more efficiently at a resting state. My waist is tightening up, my calves and thighs look strong. The flab flaps on my arms are becoming smaller. My butt looks less like two pigs fighting ...
  2. 2 1/2 years post surgery

Wow... I haven't been on here for awhile. I cannot believe it's been 2 1/2 years since my surgery. Time flies. I can honestly say I am doing well... I feel really good, have maintained my weight anywhere from 134 to 139lbs... a 5lb weight fluctuation is normal and healthy and I understand that. I have found that the lovely "time of the month" really effects my hunger and eating. And that makes sense with hormonal variations. I tend to eat the same things everyday.. and that is actually ...
  3. Feeling worried, sad, and overwhelmed

I'm sitting at the hospital where they just took my dad back to have his VSG done. As I watched my daughter sitting in her wheelchair, her whole body twitching and eyes jerking, saying good bye to him, it took all I had to keep my composure. If not for this surgery she wouldn't be disabled, and here I am watching my father go back to have it done to him. It's incredibly scary.

Tomorrow I leave for Birmingham, four hours from home, to take my daughter to see a new doctor that her ...
  4. problems with sucralose anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Emmeraldas View Post
    I have never tolerated artificial sweeteners very well. I still use Sweet and Low for my coffe/tea. Since surgery (Oct 7th), the decaf coffee is horrible and tea is tolerable but only for a cup or two a day. However, I am having problems meeting my daily 64 ounces of liquids. Just about everything is sweetened with Sucralose. I get nauseated drinking anything more than about 12 ounces a day with that sweetener. It is not GERD, heatburn or anything resolved with a H2 inhibitor like Zantac, nor a
  5. What you are aloud to eat after surgery

I HAVE HAD MY SURGERY BACK IN FEBRUARY AND I HAVE LOST MY PAPER ON WHAT TO EAT WHEN I MOVED. DOES ANYONE HAVE A COPY THAT THEY COULD EMAIL. ME AT bburt44@gmail.com THE VA DONE MY SURGERY. THANKS ALOT. I HAVE LOST A TOTAL OF 70 POUNDS AND I WANT TO KEEP GOING.