Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Week 4 - feels like it has been longer. Time flies when you are making great life changes!

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone's journey is going well. So far so good on mine. I started general foods yesterday and it's been pretty exciting. It feels good to cook again. During my soft food phase I literally cooked eggs or fish and not very often lol. I have been playing around with different things and finding ways to make some of my favorite meals very healthy choices.

With my switch over to general foods I was able to get in 540 calories today. That is more ...
  2. One week!!

So my surgery is in a week!! Time is moving both fast and slow. I did all my pre op stuff today at surgery center. Everything was good to go. Just have to wait until next week to find out my time for surgery. I'm excited to meet the other patients who are scheduled for surgery the sane day as me. So far there are four others. The nurse told me that my kids could come to hospital, but since I'm only spending one night I'd rather them just stay with my mom. That's all for now, I'm hoping to post my ...
  3. Who is that in the mirror?

For many years I would point out an overweight person and ask my husband if I was "her size." Because I would see myself in the mirror and think "I'm not that big." But then would see pictures of myself and think "Who is THAT? I'm soo big"

So now here I am 6 months after surgery and there is no denying that I have lost weight but now when I look in the mirror I still see the fat lady.

It sure is a weird phenomenon. I don't have a ...
  4. Surgery Date Moved Up!!!!

I'm so excited, I got a call today asking if I would like to move up on the schedule due to a cancellation ...I jumped at the chance... So as of tomorrow I am in full liquid mode then on the 15th it clears...I can do this...
  5. Don't forget where you came from...

Remember, way back, when you were fat, and you talked to that one skinny friend or relative that just NEVER. SHUT. UP. about weight, diet and exercise? The one you mentally throat punched every time they opened their mouth?

Yeah, don't become that person. Step back and remember, this is your journey, not theirs. They have to seek it on their own. If they ask for advice, offer it up, but don't shove it down their throat like you are some sort of weight loss exert now.