Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Nothing Tastes as Good as “Skinny” Feels

Yeah, whatever. That statement might be true if “Skinny Feels” is the name of a person who is dipped in chocolate.

So my pancreatic attack from last week may not have been a pancreatic attack after all. Granted it took almost 24 hours to resolve, which is longer than a bout of gas or indigestion, but it didn’t require hospitalization, which is good news. My primary physician wanted me to go to the ER, but I just didn’t feel as though the pain really warranted it. Besides, I knew they’d ...
  2. hello

HI! I have not been on the forum for a while as I have been on holiday. Hopefully this will be my last holiday being really over weight and heavy. I have 7 weeks until surgery, I am still nervous and excited at the same time. I am going to try and start cutting back from now before the 2 week diet so that it is not such a shock to the system. I look forward to reading everyone's success stories and with all the support and positivity everyone here gives.
  3. A Little Bit of Buyer's Remorse

I'm having slight twinge of Buyer's Remorse. I know that it will get better, but the gas from the laproscopic surgery is killing me right now. I'm 48+ hours out of surgery. My heating pad has been my best friend. Previous to VSG, I have had 4 cesarean sections, a lapro hysterectomy, and a lapro gallbladder removal. But I can't ever remember having this much trapped gas with either of my previous lapro surgeries, and I just had my gallbladder out 4 months ago. I'm really happy with my choice ...
  4. Im going on a date with a fellow WLSer !!

I have been chatting to a girl online for a few months now and we are meeting for a date next week .... she is a gastric band patient and we have a lot in common and get on so well so hopefully it will be ok
  5. Interesting!

So I have HSA at my job and I looked into what that means and what the inclusions are and I found these things that may very well be of benefit. YAY! I am super excited and if I thought I would be healed and ready to travel for my cruise in May, I would totally try to have surgery in March!!!

Trips

You can include in medical expenses amounts you pay for transportation to another city if the trip is primarily for, and essential to, receiving medical services. You may ...