Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

VSGOct2011

1. Back from Cuba! Tanned, Toned & hit my 1/2 way goal of 75 lbs lost!

I've been absent from the forum for the past few weeks as I was enjoying the beautiful beaches of Santa Maria (Santa Clara) Cuba. I had a fabulous 2 weeks at the Memories Azul resort and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fun, affordable all inclusive vacation. I had the tough decision each day of deciding which of the 7 pools, or area by the ocean I would relax at. I also had the difficult task of choosing which of 7 ala carte restaurants or 4 buffets we'd dine at...Ah, decisions, decisions. ...
  2. 2 Month Surgi-versary today - down 48 lbs & man is it cold out here without the extra padding!

Temperature: -17.0°C ( 1 degree F)
    Wind Chill: -26 C ( - 15 F)

So as I write, the above temperature is what my city, Winnipeg, is at ... That's minus folks... Snow & ice on the ground, cold enough you need to layer up and you let your car run for a few minutes before driving if you want it to work. Lets face it, Santa's not going to come down the chimney here because the heat is on and it'll burn his butt. He'll have to knock

In the past I was always ...
  3. Shop, shop - til' you drop! Is this the mantra of a new slimmer me or is this because all those festive commercials?

Shop, shop - til' you drop! Is this the mantra of a new slimmer me or is this because all those festive commercials have begun?

Answer to that question - It feels Freaking Amazing to try on stuff that isn't in the Plus Section! I hit that goal today!

I have this super comfy pair of khaki's that I love wearing but were snug pre-op. I wore them to work yesterday and realized it's time to put them in the 'too big' box for giveaway. The butt was sagging and the legs were ...
  4. My Experience with Dr Alvarez

Quote Originally Posted by VSGOct2011 View Post
    I was self-pay, and traveled from Canada to Mexico. I had an incredible experience and got fabulous care from Dr. Guillermo Alvarez and his staff from Bariatric Surgery Mexico - Weight Loss Surgeon Mexico

I give him high marks on so many accounts -
    PATIENT CARE:
    Pre & post-op there was great support starting with answering all my questions, always a quick response form the doctor or his staff depending upon which ones I contacted, they were all efficient.
  5. Finding a new passion for exercise - no more excuses!

Surgery was 2 weeks ago today - I've had 2 weeks to liquify, re-couperate and rest my pampered derriere, but tomorrow is the beginning of a new regemin that includes exercise and a focus on pushing forward to work this tool, this gift of a new start, a rebirth of sorts.

I am blogging this so I can say I've made this commitment to myself out loud. If I keep it inside I may not follow through, but if I have to answer to myself or others, I will. That's how it works for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast