Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Rescued-one

1. Almost 15 months out

I haven't blogged for a bit, in fact last time I blogged here I was going through the 5 day pouch test around Thanksgiving. After Christmas and New Years I found I had gained 5 lbs....I knew it.
    I had overdone the carbs and even chose to not record on myfitnesspal.com my food a few days, cuz it was JUST.THAT.UGLY.

I was feeling very down...and concerned that I wouldn't lose this new 5 lbs, since I have been on a major stall (3+months) and was basically thinking that "maybe ...

Updated 01-12-2013 at 06:47 PM by Rescued-one

Categories
    Uncategorized Report Report
  2. Pouch Test Follow up - one + week later

I have settled in to a moving-of-the-scale-for-the-first-time-in-two-months-2-lb.-loss.
    Which is different than the original 3.5....but I am very happy.
    Also, more aware of my proteins and liquids....so I will use this tool again when needed.

Happy Thanksgiving ALL!! We have much to be thankful for, no?
  3. Day 5 Pouch test

I plan on continuing with solid proteins and plenty of water... No drinking 30 minutes before or after I eat.

I will add back small amounts of carbs...but would like to keep them to at a minimum...especially over the holidays.

I will use this test again when I feel like my carbs are getting too out of control. It is such a good tool to remind me that my sleeve is still working.
    I'm curious if others who have tried it were happy or dissatisfied?

Updated 11-16-2012 at 12:47 PM by Rescued-one

Categories
  4. Day 4 pouch test

Ground turkey, ground beef, chicken breast...solid proteins showing me what my tummy feels like when it is full. It is good to know my sleeve is still working. Fluids between, waiting at least 30 minutes after eating to drink, are refreshing and purposeful.

Each day, especially today, it was EASY to eat less than 1000 calories, where before...with exercise, I sometimes felt like I wanted MORE each day after eating 1200-1400 calories. (I have not exercised during these 4 days...I ...

Updated 11-14-2012 at 07:59 PM by Rescued-one

Categories
  5. Day 3 - Pouch test

Today was about cottage cheese....boiled eggs and some soft chicken breast. I also had plenty of fluids and even some revelation.

The pouch test has been like a "spanking". A spanking in the good sense of the word, making me realize where I've been naughty and helping me change my behavior.
    It hasn't exactly been pleasant denying myself, but it actually has been really good seeing how much I have NOT ben denying myself.
    It's not like I haven't been eating ...
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast