Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

smilingkris

1. Bummed out

I've had a goal to lose 90 pounds by 12/31/12. I'm about 2 to 3 pounds from that goal. On Sunday, my trainer had us run .25 miles (twice) between sets. I felt fine during the running. Monday, I felt a little foot pain. Tuesday, I had more pain while walking through Walmart. Then Tuesday evening I went back to the gym. I walked slowly but the pain kept increasing. I stayed for the rest of the work out. Iced the foot that night. Today, I went to urgent care. There were no breaks but she ...
  2. I'm sleeved!

I made it! My surgery was Tuesday. All of the pre-op stuff went fast, they took me early. Waking up in post-op was not fun and I wondered why did I do this. I had some deficiencies of magnesium and phosphorous. The magnesium burned a little in the IV and they gave me the phosphorous crushed (ick). I ended up with 6 lap sites due to a minor complication of my spleen artery falling behind my organ. Get the fluid in is a bit challenging but my focus is to sip, sip, sip.

On another ...
  3. THE day---tomorrow!!

So, tomorrow is my surgery day. It starts at 10:30am and I have to arrive by 8:30am. My bag is packed---and I probably over packed. LOL. So many thoughts floating through my mind. By this time tomorrow, I should be walking around. Exciting!

Have a great evening!
  4. I have a surgery date!

Today was my appointment with the surgeon. They also combined some other stuff into the appointment too. But my surgery is scheduled for May 22. I'm excited and nervous. Only a week and a half until I start the pre-op liquid diet.

I really appreciate the support from everyone.
    Have a good day!
  5. Finally--date to see the surgeon

I finally have an appointment to see the surgeon. It's a 4 hour appointment when you add all of the paperwork and other folks to meet. So I'll get a surgery date on 5/4! Please keep your fingers crossed that I get an early June date? Have a great day!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast