Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Bridie

1. Bypass needed after the sleeve

I haven't been on this forum for a long time because I am no longer a gastric sleeve recipient. I had to have a gastric bypass about 7 months after the sleeve. While I won't go into too many lurid details, suffice to say the sleeve initially was great but I developed complications. I had a hiatal hernia post sleeve but I still had the most horrendous reflux and developed ulcers which closed up my large intestine. Ballooning was tried 4 times but would not keep things open and I was literally starving. ...
  2. Goal reached but worried

Here I am in a hotel room in Missouri contemplating my next move. You would think that having reached my goal I would be a happy camper, but I am far from it. I am miserable!
    My journey has not been good. I have detailed it earlier, but to recount briefly, I was sleeved in February and constant problems with reflux followed. I never really progressed past thick liquids. Doctors found my stomach was sliding up and down so they needed to anchor the hernia with an operation. I had that June ...
  3. A Tale of Caution updated

Firstly, a big thanks for your support and encouragement. I really do like to read the submissions and try to offer any of my own insights from experience.
    I am happy to report that I think I can now see the wood and the trees! I am cautiously optimistic that things are FINALLY starting to improve. My reflux activity has dropped significantly, so my sleeping ability has improved. I still feel "icky" some days but when I feel good, I feel close to normal. The danger is I tend to ...
  4. Hard to get off liquids

I believe I have been very patient. I am nearly 8 weeks out and I am still finding it hard to transition to even mushy food. I tried 2 tablespoons of mushy vegetables last night- a mixtue of all the ones suggested. It just seemed to get stuck. I held onto it until the morning but had to be sick to relieve the pressure. It felt like I was blocked. I am fine now but other than yoghurt and soup, I haven't been eating much. I have tried oatmeal and even that gave me some grief.It only works if I grind ...
  5. Going on the offensive against acid reflux

Well, I am getting few up with this reflux so I did some research during my midnight wake up after an acid "back wash". What I found out was that cider vingear mixed in water is a great cure. So, I am going to give it a go. I just took my first dose and it actually tasted better than this awful syrup I take for reflux. So I will let you know if there is any improvement in a few days. We live in hope!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast