Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. My Attempts at Weight Loss

So I began really putting on weight as a senior in university and, at 5'4", hit 230 lbs when I was about 28 and starting out my career. The weight really just crept up on me over the years, and then, in 2013, I had the brilliant idea or epiphany, to go vegan. So I became a strict vegan for several years and was able to beat back thirty lbs and that was great. I started running again and even got under two hundred for awhile. Then I got sick and had to leave my job and move home.
  2. You Spin Me Right Round Baby Right Round!

My goodness. I can finally stop and breathe. It has been a long few weeks of going non stop. It was competition season for our Spirit Teams. (Pep Squad and Dance Team.) They had 2 weekends in a row but there were endless practices and what not. The girls did really well. Pep Squad was overall Grand Champion for their division and Dance Team took 2nd. But finally it is over for this year and I am so glad as I am wore out. LOL. I always get roped in to chaperoning and taking on any additional ...
  3. Oh Yeah-Look What You Just Made Me Do-So Excited-Love My Sleeved Life

I am sooo very excited. So much good going on in my life. I have one more week left in my old department then I start training for my new job. I will be working as a First Party Injury Adjuster. I am really excited about my new role. I did find out who my new manager will be. I actually know her (sort of) because she was a friend of mines manager 2 years ago when I worked in a different department. Also, I already know 3 people who will be on my new team so that is exciting as well. So I ...
  4. A Year Without a Turkey Trot

I got the bad news on Friday that I couldn't run my annual Turkey Trot this year due to dental surgery I had. I was so disappointed and at first I wasn't sure why. Then I realized running is part of the "new me." I started running before surgery, but it's been an important part of becoming a healthy person.

Here's what I wrote about it on my blog, Down the Scale:

https://downthescale.com/2017/11/20/...a-turkey-trot/

5. Put those Work Out Clothes On

I'm finally getting back into a routine now that my kids are back in school! Yeah! It feels good to have a schedule, but I still find it hard to make working out a priority. I find if I put my work out clothes on, I'll do it. Here's my latest blog about it:

https://downthescale.com/2017/09/15/...rior-clothing/

Have a great week!
    Jen
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast