Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Eleanor

1. So the secret is out...

I haven't really talked about my surgery at work. I'm losing very slow so people get used to seeing me every day and it's not as impactful. I'm good with that. When someone asks me how I am losing weight, I just tell them less intake and more burning. Well, I had my surgery at Houston NW Medical Center and they invited me to participate in a Bariatric Fashion Show. I was a little skeptical because I'm not thin yet, but said, what the heck and did it anyway. Today someone approached me in the office ...
  2. 41lbs gone- about time!

Well, I'm a slow loser, but I will take it. I'm happy to report that I am 41 lbs down now and look forward to going even lower. I still can't believe it, no matter how slow the process is for me. I went to the dr today and when she said ok, let's get your weight, I immediately went to the 200 bar first, then thought "omg, if I go to the 150 will I still be able to weigh", um, duh. I am there, I can't even imagine what will happen when I make it to the 130's, omg. I feel good and am grateful ...
  3. Day 4 of the 5 day pouch test

So I've been a little frustrated with a stall and I decided to go ahead and try this 5 day pouch test out. I can tell you that on Sunday, I weighed 171lbs and today after 3 days of the pouch test I'm down to 166, I guess this kind of works huh. I'm on day 4 today and still have tomorrow to finish off this test but it is looking pretty good to me. In my mind I'm starving myself, but in reality, I'm not. The mental part of this journey can sabotage you if you let it. Stay strong my friends!! Have ...
  4. 3 month post op - a little dissapointed

Good morning everyone!! I had my 3 month post op appointment this morning. Everything is good. It's just that my weight loss has really slowed down. I am down 32 lbs (based on the drs scale, but 35 on mine). I wish it was more, the drs office wondered what could possibly be happening so they asked me to eat some more healthy snacks. I walked through what I typically eat and they thought it was a great meal plan, but that maybe I just need to eat more. They also said that maybe exercise is causing ...
  5. Recommendations?

So I have a high school reunion in December, I have lost so much hair that you can clearly see my scalp and tell that I am just thinning away. What do you recommend? A short hair cut or should I use a natural wig? I've never used a wig in my life, but I also haven't seen any of my ex-classmates for 20 years, therefore, if it's a natural wig, maybe they won't notice?? I know nothing about wigs? Any ideas or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast