Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Post Op: Saturday morning, Day Two

well, here I am sitting up and watching the ducks swim by my window, rather delightful. The most difficult things I have faced post surgery, have not necessarily been related to my surgery directly.

I hadmysurgeryat11.20 am on Thursday morning, it's now 8.10 am on Saturday morning. Great nurses and 24 hour observation in the beginning, but I was glad to get to my private room. pain has been very easy to manage, by yesterday afternoon I wasn't using the pain pump any more. Arterial pump removed yesterday morning and pain pump and drip this morning.

The exciting part now, is without all the wires and drips, I can self shower and pee at will, without needing to ask or to be supervised. I am planning a walk after this mor ings shower. panadol for pain, not yet needed. Incisions doing well and the TED stockings can stay off today I think.

I had read so much and anticipated a great many things may have happened. Knowing all of this has made the passage easy, the best advice by far, is sip, and listen to your body. The new little burg ings from my tummy and heart or felt in my throat are interesting!

1. 4 months, 58 lbs, some hair loss, dropping sizes, new man

by , 10-29-2012 at 07:00 AM (Post Op: Saturday morning, Day Two)
    Well I am 4 months post surgery and notice that I don't stalk this website as often as I once did. The steady predictable weightloss has ceased and now it seems to be stall drop, stall drop.......with each stall is a body reshaping. I am now able to eat fish and eggs again, both being the cause of 2 of my three vomiting episodes. Some days I feel I can eat a lot, and others, I struggle. This weekend, it felt like nothing agreed with me and today I felt like the muscle on my body was being gnawed ...
  2. Almost 2 months out

by , 08-26-2012 at 01:36 AM (Post Op: Saturday morning, Day Two)
    Well I am almost two months post surgery and have lost 15 kg post surgery and 25 since the beginning of the year - Yay!
    I am now one month in to a new relationship and that appears to be going very well, despite being over 300km apart, we skype daily and see each other on weekends. Very early days, but the best I've ever been in, I am hopeful for longevity with this very sweet man.
    I joined Curves last week and really enjoyed my first visit with the trainer, and the new stretching ...
  3. Flu 5 weeks post surgery

by , 08-02-2012 at 06:48 AM (Post Op: Saturday morning, Day Two)
    Time is speeding up, my reliance on here is less obvious, but I am in strife at the moment. Cleared for normal food last week, last week being first week back at school, thought I could manage 12 hour days easily - I was wrong and I got run down pretty quickly, emotional and succumbed to the flu (or a shocking cold on Tuesday). I could feel it in my bones from waking on Tuesday (on top of heavy TOM) and went to work, only to plan my exit after making a presentation. Drove to doctor, just rest she ...
  4. 1 Month out, ramblings and appreciations

by , 07-27-2012 at 11:17 PM (Post Op: Saturday morning, Day Two)
    Well, I woke up this morning, a little sheepish in the cold of winter. Saturday, thank goodness, last week was tough on what seemed like all levels. Then I realised, I have had my surgery, no more waiting, no more wondering, 6 months have gone *poof* and now, today is one month since surgery. It isn't going to be the same old, same old anymore.

So I went back to the comfort of my electric blanket and pets to ponder this for a little while.Then it sunk it, I have done it, I am proud, ...
  5. Four weeks out

by , 07-26-2012 at 11:26 AM (Post Op: Saturday morning, Day Two)
    Well, time does fly when you are having fun! This week the emotional roller coaster hit, a combination of returning to work and having a hectic week, with too much to do, too little time, and self care going out the window.
    I learned the hard way that hydration is essential. Throwing myself back in to work at a school deputy principal, I didnt have breakfast, didn't drink during the day, and had a few baked beans for lunch. Needless to say I was a mess that night, after producing my first ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast