Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. T-minus 3 days. . .

Wednesday is the day. I fly out on Tuesday - start the all liquid diet tomorrow even though it feels like I've been doing all liquid for 3 weeks and today leaves me some reflection. I hope I'm doing the right thing with this. I lost 20 lbs since I confirmed my surgery date which is awesome but makes me think - maybe I could do this without the surgery. I totally know this isn't a realistic food plan for long term that I'm on, so I think its just those self doubts. I've read some negative things ...
  2. Getting Ready for Surgery

There are a ton of details: Making sure the house is in order, my job responsibilities are covered, double checking my medical information etc..

I don't feel anxious because I have attempted VSG lap before. It was a failed surgery. I was sad that it didn't workout in early Feb 13.

Now, I have new medical team and I think things are going to go well. It is open surgery with 2-3 surgeons all day due to the huge outward and inward scar pressing in on my abdomen. It is a ...
    Tags: pre-op Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized Report Report
  3. Some of the foods I eat

Today for lunch I am eating a modified version of this. I say modified because I do not use agave and I cut down the sweetners a bit.

For dinner last night I made this again I modified for me. I don't eat cheese unless it is vegan (made from nut milks) but I completely left it off last night.

This is dinner tonight. The noodles are made from zucchini. You can also make them from carrots or squash. I am making this soup to go with it. The leftovers will become meals ...
  4. No time to think

Today, Today, Today. My mother went to Mexico and had a lap band put in, she lost 140 lbs and was very happy. Then she got sick and was throwing up anything she tried to put in her. Found out that her band had twisted and cut off any way to get nutrition in her so she almost died of malnutrition. The weight loss surgeon on call that night came and removed it immediately. She started gaining weight again, so she went to Mexico and had the gastric sleeve done. All went well and ...
  5. Starting day 8 Pre-op!!

Today starts day 8 Pre-op... I will say it is getting a little easier as I get further along. Yesterday I was having nervousness about the surgery. I have even went as far as to think.... Lord, what if I die next week. That's scary!!! But, I know that the success rate of this surgery is very good, and my surgeon has done 10,000 of these with a 100% success rate, so I guess all of the good things outweigh the bad.
    On another note, I lost 4.4 more pounds!!! Woot woot!
    So..... 413 ...
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast