Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Instructions from my surgeon

So I have posted some pictures of stuff that was given to me from my surgeon. I have had 2 people request I email them a copy of it. So tonight I scanned them into the computer (with the exception of the pre op diet). Anyone who would like a copy, just PM me your email and I would be more than happy to share.
  2. 5 Days past Surgery

by , 08-23-2016 at 03:49 AM (Getting prepared for my surgery)
    So if you can see the time on this you know I am not sleeping today. I am on day 5 of my post op and I am feeling the pain today. I have been doing really good so I think I might have over done it yesterday. I have been kind of relaxing and doing light housework but yesterday I had to show my son how to get to school using the city bus and then I ran a few other errands just to keep my mind off of food. This morning...my incision is not feeling so nice. I am still doing my best to follow the ...
    Tags: post op Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized Report Report
  3. Day six - it's getting harder

I had my surgery on Monday, June 13. I am SO over beef broth, chicken broth and protien shakes. My stomach is growling. For the first time since my surgery I am hungry. My husband just bought Popeyes fried chicken with biscuits. I'm trying to be strong, but it's getting hard.
    It's not so much that I want fried chicken. It's just that I just don't want a shake or broth of any kind! Ugh! Didn't think it would be this hard at this point. . .
  4. Day three - it's getting better

I woke up this morning feeling much, much better than yesterday although I'm not quite 100%. I have been able to drink much more than I was yesterday. I'm drinking about an ounce every twenty minutes, fairly easily. Yesterday it's was a real struggle to get much down. I didn't have any feeling of nausea, my stomach just couldn't handle it. I felt incredibly full. Today I think I'll be able to finish at least one protein shake and an eight ounce bottle of water. I didn't walk around much yesterday ...
  5. First Day Home

Today is my first day home after my sleeve. I want to take a second a talk about the process at the hospital for anyone interested or about to go through it.

I arrived and had more blood drawn for the anesthesiologist. My tech was the same one I have had in the past-I've seen her when she first got a new boyfriend, when the boyfriend was meeting the protective brother, and now the boyfriend met the family over Christmas and all went well! After that and a urine test (on no liquids ...
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast