Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

delisa

Hungry!!!

Rate this Entry
So I had my surgery on Monday and today is barley friday. why am I so hungry? Uhg I think its driving me crazy. I know for a fact I am not taking in enough water or protein just doing what I can and I am really tired a lot. Spoke to the dr today to see if I can add anything like a banana or peanut butter to my shake and they said no. They did advice me that on my next visit they would give me a b12 shot for energy. Am I the on;y one who is starting to get hungry? I can't eat for another week. I will be so glass to have a yogurt or courage cheese haha. I am down a total of 22 pounds and thats great and all but lets face it I think I have lost a lot of the weight due to be not eating. I miss my energy I miss being able to work out. I know it will get easier or at least I hope so just wanting to eat is driving me a little crazy. Please is anyone else going thru this? Please don't tell me I am the only one. oh and on another note my poor husband is doing this crazy diet with me!! I told him to eat but he said nope he wants to support me. He is a good man!

Submit "Hungry!!!" to Digg Submit "Hungry!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Hungry!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hungry!!!" to Google

Comments

What a man! Look after him.
    What a wonderful man you have there. But just wanted to say to you, you are were we all have been, I know how you feel and what you are going through, and you are right, it does get better, I haven't posted anything for a little while but thought I would come by just to see if I could be of any help. It is boring too, But trust this, after a while you will begain to start feeling much better when you can eat more choices. Nope there is nothing wrong with you. Hang in there, Best wishes on your journey.
    You are not even a week out. The "hunger" you are feeling is most likely thirst. At that point, you should really mostly concentrate on getting enough liquid, try SF popsicles. The first week or so the protein is not really a priority. It takes quite a while for all the meds to get out of your system, so you are bound to be tired for some time. Don't worry, it gets better day by day. You got this
    The post op diet is just plain boring, and we all know the feeling of wanting to EAT. That said, why do you think you're hungry? If your stomach is growling (a normal sign of hunger), it's producing acid, you don't want that happening right now. You should have an Rx for Prilosec. It will stop the acid production and that should make the hunger feeling go away. The mind wanting food, that's another story. It gets better!
    Try some chicken broth. At this point the calories aren't an issue. Some times the body wants something salty. It will get better. Good Luck!
    whatever you are drinking check for artificial sweetners, they promote hunger and the hungry feeling. If you can drink only things with natural sugar or even just water, drink that and as much of it as you can. I am not saying artificial sweetners are bad, I am just telling you they will make you feel hungry or at least they did that for me.
    I think we all experience something a little different. 2 Weeks out and I thought I would puke if I had another soup of any kind!!
    I told my surgeon as much and he allowed me to start experimenting with "mushies". Mash Pots, soft scramble eggs, refried beans w/ melted cheese, soupy grits oatmeal anything soft and slides easy. No meats ect.....I have to protein drinks a day.
    I never had an issue with drinking and taking my meds from day one. Anyone else like this.
    Connie
    The hunger could be mental hungert, acid, gas or thirst, usually its not real hunger that soon after surgery. Lol literally at this point a cheerio would fill you and make you uncomfortable lol. Hang in there, it gets better!
    I had that problem bad! Actually, I still do. It's all acid. My doc doubled my omeprazole and it really helped. I find myself feeling "hungry" moments after I eat. It's crazy, but it feels exactly like hunger. But food doesn't fix it. Meds do.
    Thank you all for the great advice and encouraging word. Today I am just going to stay focused on water intake as I am feeling light headed and weak.
    I experienced hunger badly after surgery. I then discovered it was due to acid production. I increased my anti acids and the problem was solved! Hope this helps.