Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ruby2508

1. Protein shakes

So, here I sit drinking a chocolate protein shake. I currently are using pure protein that you can buy at Walmart in Frosty chocolate. I also like the GNC brand called Lean Shake in Chocolate as well. I put protein powder in plain yogurt to get some extra protein in. I have also put protein powder in plain oatmeal as well. You can also mix it with Ricotta or cottage cheese.

Does anyone have any other things I can do with the protein powder to get in the protein without drinking ...
  2. Slow weight loss but it is going in the right direction!

Hello all. Just a quick update. My surgery was 8/21/12 and I am down 2 more lbs today. It is coming off alot slower than I wish it would but considering I am sometimes making bad food choices it is still ok. Working everyday to get in my protein first and drink my water. Just had a greek yogurt this morning that was the plain flavor so I added a scoop of protein powder to give it some additional flavor. So that is a good start to the day!

Have a great day everyone and rock your ...
  3. Things just aren't going right for me!

My surgery was 8/21 so I am 3 weeks and 4 days out. I did well with liquid diet and lost about 10 lbs before surgery. I stayed home for 9 days and planned to return to work the day after my post op check up. My post op check went wonderful and he told me to east pureed foods for a week and then go with anything I could tolerate.

I got to work and had a regular cardiologist appt scheduled that day. When I got there my heart rate was elevated. I have a condition called atrial flutter ...
  4. countdown to my big day!

My new journey starts Tuesday August 14 with my liquid diet. Surgery is scheduled August 21st. I am having the lap band removed and the gastric sleeve done. I lost around 90 lbs with the band between 08 and 09 and then managed to put all but 20 lbs back on. I know I have that risk with the sleeve as well but just wanted the foreign object out of my belly if it is not doing its job. I can blame myself for my part but that stupid band just didn't continue to ccoperate after year two. So with ...