Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Kindle

Not losing post op?

Rate this Entry
I thought I'd throw this out there for those who are upset that they aren't losing as fast as they thought and are depressed when comparing themselves to other's phenomenal weight losses....I read those posts all the time. So if you HAVE to compare yourself to others, compare to me! I am 17 days out and have only lost 3 pounds since surgery! But am I bummed? No. I know this process will work. It can't not work. I'm actually glad I'm losing slowly since I have a family history of gallbladder problems and the slower I lose, the better my chances of avoiding a second surgery. FYI, Overall, I have lost 25 pounds but 22 were on my preop diet.

I start my puréed stage tomorrow and I'll be dreaming of mashed potatoes tonight! On the non-scale side of things, I'm back to working full 10 hour days and feel great. My chubby fingers have shrunk so all my rings fit again, and I can pull my jeans down without even unsnapping them. . And that's great since it's so frickin cold outside I can wear my really thick long undies under my baggy jeans.

Submit "Not losing post op?" to Digg Submit "Not losing post op?" to del.icio.us Submit "Not losing post op?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Not losing post op?" to Google

Tags: nsv, slow loss, work Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thank you for sharing your positive attitude!
    Congrats on your new life! Keep up the good work and stay encouraged! Don't look at the numbers, look at how you feel!
    Good attitude hon, I keep reminding people that this is a lifelong thing. It doesn't stop after a period of time. We all may have our ups and downs on losing its only natural
    Congrats and welcome to the sleeved side. This is only the beginning of your new life. Your body will lose weight in due time and at it's own rate. That's just how wonderfully made we are. Continue to look at the positive side always.
    Thank you for your message, I needed it today because I have been comparing! My surgery was Nov 26th, and I feel bummed because I've only lost 34 lbs. Then I look at that and say, that's a lot considering I was on a two day pre op prep only. I feel soooooo much better, I can walk around without having to sit down, or use the wheelie cart in the store like before. So your message is right on!!!!!! This is a marathon, not a sprint-a life long change. You go girl!!!! (All of us)
    I lost 16 lbs pre-op, 8 immediately after surgery, and then stalled for nearly 2 weeks. It then started coming off about 2 lbs a week. I made an apt with my Nut to have her double check I was doing the right things and eating the right things. She pointed out that 2 lbs a week is healthy and a good goal. After all, in 52 weeks/1 year, that could be 104 lbs! She said losing too much, too fast wasn't as healthy for my body and would be looser, saggier skin than if I lost at my 2lbs a week. It definitely put it into better perspective for me. When I feel bummed, I remember this and try to feel PROUD of what I have lost already. I know I'll hit stalls again, but I know if I continue to do whats right, it will continue to keep coming off. Good luck!