Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MarcellaJean88

Thirty, Flirty and Thriving

Rate this Entry
I dont think I have ever been so happy to do math in my life until I became acquainted with WLS. I lost 17 pounds in my first three weeks. I was estatic.. four weeks later I was still only at a 17 pound weight loss. I was freaking.

I had read all about the dreaded three week stall, but I figured I would be one of the people it would be nice to.. why? because I'm delusional.

Two weeks ago today it finally broke and was down another 13 lbs.

13+17= 30! Huzzah!

Tomorrow marks the two month date from my surgery. Thirty Pounds in Two months is something I am definitely happy with. I was a little discouraged at first because I am the only one I know personally who has had the sleeve. Everyone I know for the most part has had bypass and they were surprised to see how "slow" it was coming off of me, but then again everyone is different, and I understood that. Still, I just want it all to be gone yesterday. Patience is something that the good Lord forgot bestow upon me.

I think my hair might be starting to fall out, I cant tell if its the normal amount of hair and im just being paranoid(i have naturally thick curly hair so it falls out a lot anyway)

My boobs are practically gone. I swear I have had to have gone down two cup sizes.. And wasnt one of the lucky plus sized women who have plus sized boobies. So sad. I think Ive lost some back fat too because pre op I was always hooked on the last hook and now Im on the tightest one and that is still pretty loose.

I think I'm going to have to go shopping, but I dont want to.

My shirts are all the same sizes, just looser. For the first time in as long as I can remember I havent had to do some crazy stretches to make sure my shirts didn't hug me in all the wrong places. But I would still say I am in the same size there.

My PANTS however, have been pretty baggy. Like so baggy in the butt I kind of look like I have a poopy diaper. Also, I had to run up the stairs so I could clock in at work ontime and my pants almost fell the whole way down. luckily I had a size smaller I could wear, but now they are starting to look loose on me too.

Again, I think I am going to have to go shopping, but I dont want to. We shall see.

My goal for the next month:
I am going to try and work out more than I have been. Ive been bad about it. I'm not being too hard on myself, because I am taking all these changes one step at a time, but I need to lay down the law and get sweaty.
I read somewhere it takes 19 days to form a habit.. I'm wondering if 19 days is enough to break a habit of years of not being fergalicious and working on my fitness..

Here's to me, and Here's to you.
I wont update before the new year, so wish anyone who read this a Merry Christmas and a Skinny New Year!

Submit "Thirty, Flirty and Thriving" to Digg Submit "Thirty, Flirty and Thriving" to del.icio.us Submit "Thirty, Flirty and Thriving" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thirty, Flirty and Thriving" to Google

Comments

My boobs are smaller too.
    Congrats on the weight loss! Your post proves that while the scale might show no loss, the inches are definitely decreasing.

I am almost 3 weeks out and have been stalled for a week. So frustrating, but your post gives me hope.

Good luck, Merry Christmas and Happy new year to you too.
    I got a few pairs of pants at the thrift shop. I have done this a few times now. It is inexpensive and nice to have clothes that fit. Congratulations on your success.
    I had the same problem with pants!! luckily I have a great bunch of friends and a goodwill!! my up top area feels and looks like I need to go up a cup size!! I've never heard of anyone not loosing boobies first, but mine haven't lost at all. I will be 11 weeks post-op tomorrow and i'm down 70lbs!! it's still shocking to me to see that number! i'm with you in the working out department too. I just have to do it!! good luck to you girlie!!
    I agree on goodwill or thrift stores for the pants. It feels good to wear pants that fit. And no sense spending big money on something you will wear for 6 - 10 weeks. The tops I think you can go longer without it being as noticible. I am concerned about how expensive the bra adjustments are going to get. I am 31 days out and I am down a band size in the bra - (no change to the cup size yet alas). Fortunately I had one bra that was one size too small. Since I wear a K cup, I have to buy them on the internet and they are at least $40 a piece. Going without is obviously not an option.