Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

SleevedRN

Questions!! Week 2

Rate this Entry
Wow, what a journey this week has been! It's hard to imagine that a week ago I was so nervous about getting my sleeve! Right now, each day is a little different so I think my body is still adjusting.
This morning I woke up with a sour stomach and had to make a trip to the ladies room every half hour. I'm out of energy but I'm trying to stay hydrated. I discovered carrot ginger soup and premier protein. The soup was delicious, the protein shake not so much.
I walked outside for a but but tired easily. I was running before the surgery.

My questions are:

1. How many calories were you guys taking in at week 2?
2. Did you have issues with energy levels at this stage? How can I improve?
3. What were you eating at the beginning of week 2?

Thank you everyone!

Submit "Questions!! Week 2" to Digg Submit "Questions!! Week 2" to del.icio.us Submit "Questions!! Week 2" to StumbleUpon Submit "Questions!! Week 2" to Google

Tags: questions, week 1 Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

1. How many calories were you guys taking in at week 2?
    I wasn't counting calories at this point, just focusing on getting my protein.

2. Did you have issues with energy levels at this stage? How can I improve?
    For the fist 4 weeks I took naps for the fatigue. Remember you're still healing and you need extra rest. Also about week 3 started taking a sub-lingual B12 tablet and that helped too.

3. What were you eating at the beginning of week 2?
    The second week I started full liquids which included puddings (made with sf instant pudding and lactose free milk and a couple of scoops of protein powder) and greek yogurt and lots of bean broth along with beginning protein shakes daily. If you're not crazy about your protein shake try adding it to sf hot chocolate. I found warm protein easier to get down.

I hope you feel better and more energetic soon!
    I agree, at week two I wasn't counting calories just concentrating on getting all my fluids and protein in. I definitely had energy issues at the second week. My doctor said this was normal. I was still on full liquids on the second week. Mostly it was protein shakes, broth, cream soaps and vanilla yogurt.
    I keep seeing lots of comments about fatigue. I have a desk job without much movement around the office. I'm hoping to get back to work about 5 -7 days post surgery. Is that realistic? How much pain/discomfort is normal?
    Haven't had surgery yet, but good luck as the days go by. You sound like you're doing great! Much continued success.
    I am 3 weeks out this Wednesday. I have felt very tired and my Dr. said only about 500 calories a day but I have heard alot of people say more than this. I am eating protein shakes, scrambled eggs, refried beans and fat free cheese. I am adding thin shaved 97% fat free ham this week. I cannot get the water in. That has been my biggest problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustHappyMe
    I keep seeing lots of comments about fatigue. I have a desk job without much movement around the office. I'm hoping to get back to work about 5 -7 days post surgery. Is that realistic? How much pain/discomfort is normal?
    I haven't had the surgery yet. But I am really hoping that I can go back to work the second week as I will have a new boss starting in January. I hope this isn't realistic! Please let me know if you were able to go back. Thanks.

I am out of work for 2 weeks, but I felt good to go back after 7 days. Pain for me was very little, I was sore but not enough to need pain meds. Really pleased with my post op!

I have a desk job as well. I took 3 weeks off and I'm so glad I did. I didn't have any real pain after about the first 4 days. Seems like I can ride my bike or walk around the neighborhood without much problem. But for me to go to the grocery or just shopping in general, I get really tired quick. Not sure why? Maybe just the knowing that I have to do something? I hope I'm ready come Monday!!

Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapper
    I have a desk job as well. I took 3 weeks off and I'm so glad I did. I didn't have any real pain after about the first 4 days. Seems like I can ride my bike or walk around the neighborhood without much problem. But for me to go to the grocery or just shopping in general, I get really tired quick. Not sure why? Maybe just the knowing that I have to do something? I hope I'm ready come Monday!!

Good Luck!
    Today is day 8 for me and I actually feel really good. Yesterday was tough but I'm virtually pain free today!