Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sexyinthecity

New to site .... Intro .....Anxiously awaits

Rate this Entry
Happy Friday night fellow sleevers, pre - sleevers, post - sleevers! I just joined today and have to admit ... this IS the place to be, lots of love, laughter, smiles and even a little bit of pain.
I'll be honest with you, the thought of VSG didn't even enter my mind until a few months ago. I am a happy, well adjusted (most days ) plus size woman, I worked out, but like all of us here LOVED to eat. I also have a weeeee little problem - my raging blood pressure. My plan was to have the perfect plus size body and was saving up to go to the Dominican Republic next year to have a tummy tuck, brachioplasty, lipo - the whole 9.
Size wise - I'm 5'2 and 214 lbs, depending on the clothing brand anywhere from a 14 to 18. I'm a total fashionista; I work in NYC and yes fashion is everything. I used to walk around calling women "skinny b**ches" all the time, secretly being envious that they could wear the simplest of styles and look great.
My story - my best friend, who just happens to be my co- worker and I just got tired one day and decided that bariatric surgery was the way to go. We have been dieting for years with no significant results. Initially thinking we would get the lap band. Our journey begins, start researching online and find the (really boring) Dr Visal Metha, with the excellent stats and his great office assistant LuLu, who he performed VSG on a few years back. So it has been decided VSG is the only way to go! All paperwork has been submitted and anxiously awaiting insurance approval!
to be continued my friends ....

Submit "New to site .... Intro .....Anxiously awaits" to Digg Submit "New to site .... Intro .....Anxiously awaits" to del.icio.us Submit "New to site .... Intro .....Anxiously awaits" to StumbleUpon Submit "New to site .... Intro .....Anxiously awaits" to Google

Comments

Welcome!
    Congrats on your decision to be sleeved!!!! I was on 2/1/13, still on soft foods until Sunday BUT this life is amazing!!!!! Best of luck to you, you will NOT regret it!!!!! Keep us posted on your journey!!!!!
    I am also in nyc and love the fashion around me but not being able to wear all of it..good luck on your journey it will come faster then you think i have 11 days until D day and i only started getting nervous about it yesterday!
    Hey there, Welcome. Hope it all goes well in the lead up to your surgery. Great idea to have a sleeve buddy with you.
    Hi and welcome ..... We are geographically aligned .... Good luck within your journey!!!!
    Welcome and good luck. Keep us posted.
    I too never really thought about VSG until this January. I kept thinking I could lose the weight. Then I ran into a friend at new years that had it done in Mexico and was pretty happy. I told myself if my new year’s resolution failed I'd look into this. I looked into it Mid Feb and will be sleeved March 11. I excited to see the new more active not afraid to go anywhere because I can’t fit in the chair me!
    Great decision - I'm sure it'll be time for your surgery before you know it.
    Hi my name is Catheryn and I am 59 year's old and had the sleeve on 02-14-13 and it is the second best thing I ever did, the first was and is, is making Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior, the 2 is having this sleeve done, you will do just wonderful and that you made a great choice, God Bless and you will look and fell wonderful on your journey.
    Hi I'm 5 weeks post op this coming Monday. Welcome & I hope you have a smooth journey!
    Welcome to the forum and yes, this is thee place to be! You'll get lots of support and advice from your fellow sleevers here. I'm at the start of my 11th month post surgery and am down 88 lbs and absolutely loving life as a healthier and thinner person. I haven't been 164 lbs since the late 1970's out of high school. This is thee very best thing I've ever done for myself at the then age of 53. I have a future now to look forward to. I'm off cholesterol meds and was on the verge of high bp meds too. The other day my bp at the surgeon's office was 119 / 65 ...flipping AWESOME!
    I started at 252 lbs wearing a size 22/24 and am now into size 12's and have gotten into a few size 10 dresses which I've never ever been able to do in my lifetime. I think I went from being born premature at only 4 lbs 6 ounces, right into chubby girls clothes into womens! Now, all that has changed.
    For the very first time in my life I really know what the expression means: NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS! I love being me!
    Keep us posted on how things go for you and happy to share the journey with you.
    Welcome to the forum!
    Bestie,

I think you are a Skinny B**ch! Smooches
    HI Good luck on your journey, Dr Metha did my surgery on 2/5/2013. So I feel pretty good its 5 weeks now. He is a good Dr. Jo