Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Readytobethin@51

1. 6 Mos Post Op

Been awhile since I've posted, but thought I'd do quick update. For a soon to be 52 yr old, I would say I'm doing ok, not great as far as lbs lost, but ok. Part of it is because I'm very inconsistent with my exercise, so shame on me. I've been in a 2 mos plateau, that I've finally broken with some good old fashioned healthy eating! LOL, you can't get sleeved and eat the same Ole crap and expect the lbs to drop off just because your volume of intake is less! Lesson learned! I've lost almost ...
  2. 2 Mos. Post Op - 33 lbs. Gone

Two months ago today I received my sleeve. I have had little to no complications, everything has healed nicely and I'm 33 lbs lighter!

I would have to say the hardest thing for me was adjusting to not drinking liquids while eating, but at this stage I'm pretty much used to it. Biggest no - no made, was trying to eat a half of grilled cheese sandwich, my sleeve was not happy with it. I was in pain for over an hour. Otherwise I have been truly fortunate, I have not thrown ...
  3. 6 Week Post-Op Visit - Total Clearance!!!!!

Went to the doctor today for my 6 wk post-op appt., and I have been cleared with no restrictions! Yeehaw! I can start working out with my trainer again as well!
    *~*~*HAPPY DANCE*~*~*.

I'm amazed, blessed, & thankful for how easy everything has gone for me. I'm down 30 lbs, and shooting for another 11 by the end of the year which will take me into Onederland!

Wishing all of my fabulous sleeve buddies a very Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow! Focus on enjoying ...
  4. One month Post-Op

Tomorrow will be one month since I was sleeved and I feel amazing! I'm down almost 30 lbs and it feels Great! I'm still on soft foods, which is fine, there are plenty of choices for me. I'm still drinking 2 Premiere 30 gram Protein shakes a day, I love them and they're great for on the go.

I see my doctor Weds. of next week and will start on a full regular diet at that time. I've already decided in my mind what I'm going to allow myself for Thanksgiving, and I fully intend to ...
  5. 3 Weeks Post-Op

As of Tuesday, I'm 3 weeks out from getting sleeved. Hardest thing thus far? Reminding myself to slow down when I'm eating! I'm still on soft stuff, but cottage cheese still hurts if you eat it too quickly! I'm not eating fast cause I'm starving, it's just that I'm always in a rush, but slow & steady is what I've got to remember.

Otherwise, I'm doing very well. If it wasn't for my capacity level being less in the feeling of being full, I wouldn't believe that I was even ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast