Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

lindsaywalker76

1. Enjoying my life again

I haven't really been active on this site in a really, really long time. I still get the e-mails and usually just ignore them but I decided I should update this, just incase someone else comes across any of my blogs who may have had the same problems I did. I am now a year and a half post op and I can happily say I am eating again. I spent the first four months after surgery starving to death, I ended up in critical care at MGH for 10 days and finally a feeding tube was placed. I had the tube ...
  2. 120 lbs gone in 4 months. but not without a battle

I am a little over 4 Months post op. If you read any of my old posts, you'll know this has been very hard for me and I had a lot of complications. I haven't been here in awhile (I was really sick) and so I thought I would put out an update.

I am still unable to tolerate food or anything more than clear liquids. On my own I was able to get in about 30 oz of liquids a day. Because of this I was having a lot of complications, kidney stones, deyhdration, etc. Not to mention what ...
  3. Well crap.

My surgery was a little over a month ago. I started out really well however about 2.5 weeks ago things changed for the wost. I started throwing up everything I drank (I wasn't even on food at the time). Now I can't get anything down at all. Everything I drink, comes up moments later.

I have never felt so run down in my life. I am WIPED! I am so thirsty I wish I could stand under a cold fountain and just guzzle. I am almost always sick to my stomach. I must throw up about ...
  4. 2 weeks post op

It has been just over 2 weeks since my surgery. I am feeling fantastic for the most part. I am down 40 lbs since April 1st. I lost about 17 before the surgery and 23 in the past 2 weeks.

I am struggling the most with my swallowing. I'm not sure if it's because the heller myotomy didn't work or if it's because of my sleeve. Most days I'm able to swallow okay and get all my liquids in. Other days, like yesterday I am constantly regurgitating the liquids. I am still on a liquid ...
  5. Full swing honeymoon stage

So I was doing some reading on here today about the honeymoon stage. I am definitely in it! Every day I step on the scale and I've dropped at least a pound, one day I dropped 3 lbs in a day. Since my surgery I have dropped 20 lbs. It is a constant reminder to have a smile on my face.

I've mentioned this in a few of my early blogs, but I had another surgery done to correct my horrible swallowing at the same time as the sleeve. It seems as though that surgery did not work like ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast