Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

WaywardSmiles

1. I am still here...

Hello to all my friends, old and new. I apologize for being away for 3 months. I have had several medical issues "pop" up over the past few months that have affected my mental and emotional health as well (I became a bit depressed.) As some may know, I have IIH (Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension, or Pseudotumor Cerebri). Basically,I have all the symptoms of a brain tumor, minus the tumor! This is why I had the surgery...the doctors felt if I lost weight quickly, the condition would ...
  2. the "trick" to make the sleeve work for you

Not really a trick, but the best way. First and foremost is to understand why you are overweight. Too much food? Poor quality of food? Lack of exercise? Disease related?

Figure out what your "triggers" are (emotional/situational): stress, loneliness, boredom, get-togethers, depression, happiness, work, etc. If you have no idea, then start a food journal! Time you eat, what you are feeling, are you actually hungry, what you feel after you eat. Look at it after a week ...
  3. 8 months and 12 days

Wow...the time flies! I am officially down 100 pounds. I am happy, yet fearful that I will get too thin. I have always been a "curvy" girl and loved it. I was very comfortable with my size and figure. The smaller I get, the more self conscious I become! I know this is the opposite of what most would say, but I grew up with other things being more important (like intelligence, sense of humor, integrity, etc.)

I still follow my guideline binder (a 2 inch thick "book" ...
  4. triumphant goal

I used to workout regularly (more like obsessively) and could ride my bike easily for 25 miles in just an hour. I could run up 5 flights of stairs without skipping a beat. Then I got sick...(blah, blah, blah)

For the last 6 weeks I have been going to PT for my neck to avoid surgery. It is on the 4th floor, and I have been walking up the flights twice a week since the second week of therapy.

Yesterday, I decided to "run" up to the second floor then walk the ...
  5. 5 months post op-results are in!

Hello to everyone. Yesterday was my 5 months post op surgiversary. Although I have had setbacks (unrelated to the sleeve), I have done quite well and am actually amazed at my success.

I had another set back about a month ago and was put on Prednisone again. I still lost 10 pounds being on it. And I did feel hunger quite a bit more (every couple of days versus 9 days.)

I have posted a new album with front and side view pics.
    Since the night before my surgery ...
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast