Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Working towards being active with the Grandkids

Week 5 and lost 49 lbs the wrong way. First 2 weeks were great. Post-op great! then bang, unable to eat. Been living off of clear liquids the past 3 weeks. Going to dr. on Tuesday to find out why.

Best Advice- if you are having problems- switch acid reflux meds to PREVACID SoluTab- dissolves in mouth and after 1 day on it I am able to get more liquids down and a few bites of food. Too bad it wasn't changed sooner.

I will turn 60 in Feb. and have had so many medical ...
  2. 4 days Post Op

My experience has been different. I watched a lot of you tube videos and read a lot of blogs. I had surgery on Dec. 27 and it went well. Of course nothing to drink the first day just IV fluids and my chap stick was a life saver! I stayed on pain meds Tuesday (day of surgery) and Wednesday. I was released on Thursday after tolerating some protein shake and getting discharge information. I haven't been on pain meds since leaving the hospital. I never had any nausea, no constipation yet (TMI, ...
  3. 5 days into Liquid Pre-op diet

I've dropped 11 pounds in the last 5 days!!!

I have 10 more days of the liquid diet to go before my surgery date. I am required to do a 10 day pre-op high protein liquid diet; I think it's so long because I have a high BMI (51 ish). I decided to start early and will be doing the pre-op diet for a total of 15 days. I've been aiming to keep my carb intake VERY low (20 grams) to help my liver shed the glycogen more easily by going into Ketosis. Today would have been the start of my liquid
  4. Operation McSkinny Jeans

Day 4 Post-op

I am feeling better today! I continue taking pain medication every 6 hours, alternating between the hydrocodone and tylenol. I also continue taking the nausea medication as well as omeprazole for gas and folbic to help prevent clotting. I've got my compression socks on and belly support. I totally do not look like a 'grandma'. Totally.

I'm going to take my first post-op shower today. DON'T JUDGE! I have not felt up to it until today.
  5. Operation McSkinny Jeans

Day 3 Post-op

I am still in A LOT of pain but it seems a wee bit better than Day 2. Still, it is enough pain that I avoid getting up/down and walking. Probably not a good plan to avoid the walking but this pain is nearly unbearable, for me. This day is similar to previous with exception that the pain is slightly less severe and my nausea is under control with the use of medication. I would rate my pain 8/10, to give it some perspective.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast