Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. C25K-Looking for a few good sleevers!!!!

So as a way to upgrade my workouts and start the New Year (New Me) off right I have downloaded the FREE Zen Labs C25K (Couch to 5KM) on my phone. Going to start on New Years Day. I did the program years ago and was very successful with it. I am already starting out at a lower weight so I am super excited. Once I complete it I will sign up to run a 5K and my goal is to do a 1/2 marathon by the end of next year. There is one here in my area called the Rock and Roll Marathon in December so I will ...
  2. Stay off the dern scale

This is something Ive had to tell myself over and over again. I am 7 weeks post op and during weeks 5-6 I was on the scale damn near daily. I was not seeing the weight move and I was driving myself absolutely MAD. I stopped weighing myself. I continued to pay attention to what I ate and I didn't let this new way of life control me..... I was now going to control it. Fellow sleevers stay faithful to this new way of life. Don't get down on yourself. Stop comparing your journey because no two ...
  3. Newbie in Michigan, Looking for PHP Insurance Info

I live in Lansing Michigan and I recently signed up for PHP Insurance through the health place market so that I can have a long overdue gastric sleeve.

I want to know if anyone has had the gastric sleeve done while on PHP Insurance and if so, what were the insurance requirements through PHP?

Thank you, Stacie
  4. Exercise, food, weight loss

The first 5 weeks the weight was just coming off very easily. I started with 266 at surgery and at around 230 the weight took a couple of extra days to come off. A single pound can make all the difference in terms of motivation. At this point I had just been walking about a mile to a mile and a half per day. So I went to the gym and increased the distance to 3 miles; the weight started coming off again. I was also able to tolerate more protein shake and more soft food quantities. I've been sticking ...
  5. Lap Band Revision to Gastric Sleeve Mexico (Verboonen)

I struggled with my weight for most of my life. I was always the chubby girl. And although I didn't want to acknowledge it, it hurt me to be teased about my weight. In 2008 I had surgery. I decided on the lap-band. At the time, I felt like I didn't want to face the risks associated with the other more permanent surgeries. At my highest, I weighed in at 230 lbs. That was a lot of weight on a small stature of 5'4. I did the 6 month supervised diet, got insurance approval and was banded in ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast