Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. On vacation, survived the holidays.

Whew, I made it to our January vacation. I got through the holidays with minimal damage. I was at first going to stick to the diet plan like a trooper. No variance, no deviation... follow the plan! My husband (my co-sleever) and I discussed the up coming holiday eating with trepidation. We decided to not restrict any food that anyone prepared as off-limits and would make the best effort to try to stick to the plan. I would definitely NOT cook foods off the plan.

Then I got the puppy ...
  2. 6 days post op

I KNOW that I will be missing lots of things people would probably like to know but I didn't intend on actually making a blog post, just a quick update. So, hopefully this quick update will be enough until I can order my thoughts and feelings enough to actually write about the experience itself; which is guaranteed to be a LONG post.

I've been getting my fluids in (64 oz give or take, since about the 4th day post op) without too much difficulty; there is a bit of discomfort when the
  3. Well its has been a Week since my visit

To the Dr and the wake up call happen. Been to the gym every single day since that day. Not going to fail the energy level is high now. Back to drinking my 64 oz of water a day. Back to the protein which was my issues having 80 grams a day. I am busting my ass and I wish I did this from the start instead I took it and said well I had the surgery I dont need to do anything, Well now I am working on something that set me back months...
  4. Revision Update - Recovery

Jan 13 seems long gone, but I am still feeling the effects of surgery. Like folks have posted before it can be slow for those who have had multiple procedures. I had my lap-band revision to sleeve and gallbladder removed in Cancun with Dr. Verboonen. I stayed at the Victoria Medical Clinic which is a hospital. The service and care was great, the nurses monitored me closely and constantly. I had my blood pressure, temperature, a drain checked on the hour. I received pain meds as well. The first ...