Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

JennHug

1. 12 days post op...update

I just have to say that I feel fantastic. I only weigh myself on Wednesdays so I don't have an updated number today. I decided on that day because it is the day I see my nutritionist every week. He has seen my food journal and vitamin regimen and we think we are doing all we can right now to prevent me from malnutrition.
    I had my sutures removed Thurs. It was the very first time my Dr. has seen me, she was excited to hear my story. There were a couple stitches she said werent ready. I probably ...
  2. the whole truth and nothin but...Part two

Jeez where was I? Just got brought into the recovery clinica at Jerusalem in TiJuana. I was tallking about the air freshener that auto-sprayed every few minutes. Well needless to say, I felt the worst I had ever felt (besides my first c-section)...the one room on the main level has 3 beds and I parked myself on one and tried to find a position where I could actually sleep without tearing open my new stitches AND have the perfect wrist position for my IV drip..impossible...so I never really slept...I ...
  3. Here is the whole truth and nothin but...Part one

I arrived at the Jerusalem Hospital around 5pm on Sunday, 20th.. I rode down in a van with 6 other soon to be sleevers. As we got closer to the hospital, seriously winding in and out of what looked to me like the worlds" backest" alleys, I started to wonder many many things. Among them, I wondered if I would survive the ride, the neighborhood, and the night.
    When the van finally pulled into the parking lot of a strip mall, I was astounded that I hadnt READ IT HERE FIRST that the ...
  4. pre-op diet and traveling

So, is it impossible to take your protein shakes in your luggage?? I have not flown since before 911. Also, how was the trip back home? How do you make sure you are sipping and getting nurishment through security and on the plane??