Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Roxanne

1. 6 Weeks out and starting on a soft diet! Yee ha!

Hi

I don't know if I can honestly say that the last six weeks have flown by or not. All I can say is that I personally think that the diet has been the hardest part of this whole process for me. Having said that, though, I can say that my diet and cravings are very different to what they were eight weeks ago (including pre-op diet). I no longer crave chocolate and lots of it. I no longer crave lots of food. What I do crave is healthy food with a little bit of salty stuff thrown ...
  2. Feeling guilty

It's just over two weeks since I was sleeved and I started on the pureed diet yesterday. I had a bad day today (non-sleeve related) and did my old habit of buying some chocolate and eating it. On a positive note, I bought a lot smaller amount and didn't eat anywhere near what I used to. I am still feeling guilty though and I know that it's "everything in moderation" but I just don't want to fall back into bad habits.

Can I ask other sleevers what you ...
  3. Week 2 gone, hello week 3

HI all, I'm a bit excited...why you ask? Well I can now eat a pureed diet. Wahooo! Never thought this would excite me so much but it does. I found that I got hungry quite a bit on the liquid only diet. I spoke with my dietitian and health nurse and they both recommended some extra protein and a little more carbs. I must admit that increasing my intake of both of these did help.

I must admit that I am feeling more like my old self in that I have energy back. I know it takes ...
  4. Week 1 done and dusted

Gee that week went quickly...was it really a week?

Day 7 post surgery and feeling okay. Surgery went well...very pleased with my choice of surgeon, such a lovely man. Really pleased with the anaethetist too. A bit of pain pain op initially but haven't taken even so much as panadol for about three days.

Probably the main thing for me is that I'm feeling tired, drained of energy. I understand that because I'm not taking a huge amount of sustenance in and my body ...