Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kaygee

1. One year anniversary went by and I was too busy to post

July 29th was my one year anniversary. It went by quietly and was only marked by a smile and a visit to the surgeon on the 30th. I'm doing well. Can't complain. Lots of positives in my life now. Feeling wonderful. Feeling thankful. Extremely busy. And living.

I juat wanted to tell you all that no matter what you need to do to have the surgery, it's all worth it. Choose your doc and your hospital carefully. Get yourself as healthy as you can before surgery. Follow the rules as best ...
  2. 9+ months and lifeis great!

So, I missed my 9 month update. Honestly, I was busy. Here's my update in a nutshell.

Well, it's finally Spring here in New England. It was a cold, cold, snowy winter here and I really felt the cold all winter. I hid all winter in flannel and big puffy coats and layers. I was miserably cold and tired all winter.

Spring has caused me to shed layers and people have finally started to notice my weightloss. I have decided not to tell people about my surgery so I've ...
  3. 8 months

Saturday will be 8 months post-op. Haven't lost much the past 2 months. I've been dealing with a pinched nerve in my neck so I've been limited to walking for exercise. And with this cold and icy weather in the northeast, I haven't been able to get the walking in mid than once a week. On the plus side, it's now Spring and warmer weather is on the way. And, at least I can say I haven't gained weight. And that is a victory in itself.

Recently I've had people ask me what I've been ...
  4. My husband didn't recognize me

Last week I had to attend a meeting at my son's school. My husband was coming straight from work so he decided to meet me there. I got there early and started chatting with another parent. Well, my husband arrived and didn't recognize me. He said I'm so much thinner that he actually couldn't pick me out of a crowd. I also have been dressing better than I was when I was heavier. I don't think he's used to it.

I'm just about 7 months out. I'm down about 60 lbs. Overall I'm feeling ...
  5. Vinted

Just a quick post. My nutritionist told me to get rid of my clothes as they become large. I started giving mine away. Then I saw an ad for Vinted.com where you can sell old clothes. So I decided to put a few things on. I figured I'd price them low and see if they sold. My plan is that I will donate if they haven't sold in 2 weeks. Well, I sold 2 items. Yippee!! Now I'll have a little cash to buy some new, smaller clothes.
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast