Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

STackert

1. Eating to Satisfaction

I just wanted to say that at the beginning I really struggled with not being able to eat very much until I got really full. Now, I'm learning what my new portion sizes are and how to recognize the feeling I get right before I'm overly full. I guess that feeling is called "satisfaction?"

As an overweight person, I rarely ate to a level of satisfaction. I don't think I ever knew what that was. Now, when I eat to the level of satisfaction, I'm physically and emotionally ...
  2. Half-Way to my Goal!!!

Today is a very special day! I am officially half-way to meeting my goal of losing 80 lbs.! My surgery was two months and two days ago, and I couldn't be happier with my progress. Feeling good about myself, physically and mentally. Feeling lighter in my steps. 40 lbs. is a lot of weight! Anyway, I just wanted to share my excitement with you. No regrets whatsoever about having the sleeve!!!
  3. Any tips on traveling while on Pureed Diet?

I'm leaving this morning for a short trip (just overnight, thankfully), and I'm trying to pack food that doesn't need refrigeration. Any tips?
  4. Ding! Dong! The Drain is Gone!!!

After 12 days of living with a drain inserted into my abdomen, I am FREE!!! I was very anxious about getting it pulled out especially since the insertion site was red and nasty looking. I was told it wouldn't hurt but I would feel an unusualy sensation feeling it pulled. Baloney!!! It hurt. It took my breath away, it hurt so badly. It must've only lasted 5 or 6 seconds, but it was extremely uncomfortable. I'm just so glad that it behind me. I definitely feel like now that the worst is all ...
    Tags: drain Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized Report Report
  5. Thanksgiving Tears

Well, I have to admit that this time yesterday morning, I was having a little pity party and shed actual tears. It's silly, I know, but I was grieving over the fact that I would not get to partake in eating all the wonderful foods that were being prepared. And worst than that, I had to watch everyone around me eat the succulent turkey, moist dressing (My mother's is the best!), sweet potatoes, broccoli and rice, cranberry sauce, deviled eggs, and on and on...

So before we left ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast