Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

christinaja

1. All she wants to do is dance

Well, that's kind of all I want to do.

Yesterday, I hit two milestones. The first was my nine year wedding anniversary. Believe it or not, this is a huge accomplishment for me, because my first marriage didn't even make it two years, and most of my dating relationships barely made it past 12 months. My husband has been my biggest cheerleader throughout the years, and even though we have had our share of problems, some major, we've made it through. He has been extremely helpful through ...
  2. Feelings...nothing more than feelings...

"You looked like a cow dancing on stage."
    This was my stepfather's response to my innocent question, at 9 years old, "How did I do?"
    It was my first and only year of dance. I just didn't have the courage to get back onstage and try again.

In the following years, that phrase echoed through my subconscious, affecting me in ways that I am still uncovering. I learned to do one thing that so many sleevers learned: The fine art of stuffing. I stuffed ...
  3. Hi ho, hi ho, it's back to work I go!

Yesterday, I went back to work. It was the same as it had been before I left of course, but with one difference. Me.

Allow me to explain...
    I put on some of the same clothes I wore pre-op. At this point, I have lost 24 pounds since the day of surgery. And evidently, it's obvious. I looked like I was trying to smuggle myself into the building in a blue gunny sack that used to pass as a tunic, and my jeans were all baggy. From everyone that knew what I was having done:
  4. My week from HELL.

So, I started Monday morning out perfectly, and when I came out of surgery, everything was still going well. no blood pressure problems, just some pain from the surgical gas, and I was able to get up and walk pretty easily. Tuesday, at about noon, I went home. That's when things began to suck.

First of all, me and pain meds have a bad relationship. They make me feel less pain, but they also knock me out. So, I slept. In this, I was remiss in getting my fluids in. Which led to the ...
  5. My mind's telling me no...

But my body, my body's telling me yes!

Yeah, I know. Cheesy R&B song. Gotta get this week started with some oomph though.

I had a rough weekend, full of doubts, a BAD cheat, and a realization.

Friday night was BAD. I was at the height of feeling cranky, tired, weak, and seriously doubting whether or not the sleeve is the right path for me. I have thought it over and over from day one, and logically, I KNOW this is what I need to do. But head ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast