Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

cinamon

1. too much thinking, not enough action!!!

I installed an app called Striive on my phone. I used it a couple of times this week. It gives you little goals like to walk so many steps in the next five minutes, or walk two of the next five minutes. You get coins for meeting the goals and then you can decorate your land in this game. It's cute and fun, maybe it'll motivate me sometimes when I'm being a blob because it's in such little steps and once I take that first step hopefully I'll have to drive to keep going.
    We've been so busy. ...
  2. giving thanks!

I am thankful for everything- good or bad- because it makes me who I am and it puts me in this place. Wishing, hoping, and regretting only keeps me down. I have to move forward and appreciate all the blessings to keep joy and peace in my life. I also have to be a woman of action and purpose, which I have really been struggling with. I don't seem to want to get started on things- cleaning the house, decorating for Christmas, things that take work- but the easy things- like shopping I have done. I ...
  3. Need to do the right thing!

Maybe part of my problem is that I didn't rely on any kind of support system to help me stay accountable or to be able to talk to people who are sharing the same struggles- like using this site, or attending the support meetings I was supposed to go to, even if I had gone to exercise class regularly I'd have other people who I could identify with.
    I know that I have made progress, I look better in clothes and I'm healthier and that's a really good thing. I just feel so ticked at myself ...
  4. gallbladderless

So, why don't all the cute fonts and colors show up when I pick them?
    I had my gallbladder taken out Friday morning, laproscopically. I was there for 7am and home for 2pm, and just slept and slept! I am sore, especially on the left side. The gas pains in my shoulder really hurt last night but that seems to be going. I have 5 inch long incisions- some were the same ones as gastric sleeve incisions- all glued shut and looking okay. The ones on the right side itch and burn some- and I was wondering ...
  5. my birthday!

Tomorrow is my birthday! I will be 43! And I will be about 60 pounds thinner than last year! It's not where I thought I'd be- I thought I'd be finished losing- honestly- but I am still overjoyed with my progress. I'm glad it's gone slower than expected- just managing my clothes is a part time job! I'm flabby but it's mostly my fault for not exercising and strength training more (or at all!). I'm in size 18s comfortably. My step-mom just bought me a size 3 maxi sun dress and cute denim shirt at Chico's- ...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast