Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Lucy61

1. 11 months - wow what a difference

I have depended on this site so much for my support and counted on so much support from everybody that was/had been thru their journeys. I read today the same posts I read a year ago, you are all going thru the same things/questions/concerns I had, it's like a revolving door. Yes we are successful, yes there are struggles, yes it is hard, yes it is 50% mental in the challenge to keep it off.

I will forever struggle with my weight, but now I can do it without my stomach fighting me ...
  2. Gallbladder coming out today... or maybe tomorrow

I'm 10 months out and my gallbladder decided to fill up with gallstones and cause me some SERIOUS pain yesterday. It's the only thing I've had since this surgery that is on the down side. I should have paid attention to the signs - last couple weeks I've been eating more pepcid - haven't had to take hardly any since this surgery. I also thought I was having a dream and my stomach hurting about a week ago, but it was the same pain as yesterday, just much shorter.So here I sit, waiting for the doc's ...
  3. 10 month check in

Wow what a journey this has been, maybe its still honeymoon but I feel fantastic! - Would I do this again - YES HELL YES
    - I blogged about my journey before & after surgery - check out my profile for that
    - So what is different today from before - I was a size 18/20, today I wear a size 10.
    - My confidence is huge now I feel so much better walking into a room
    - OMG my legs are sore from being able to cross them now!!!
    - I have lost 63lb 29% of my body weight! ...
  4. 6 month before & after pix

Last week I blogged my overview of my life as a sleeved person and how I feel & how I handle things in my new life. Now I've posted pictures too. Wasn't sure exactly how to upload correctly... I think I got it right
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	before after pix 6 months.png 
Views:	2837 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	12081
  5. 3rd surgery in 6 months... can my body handle it?

Well I had my VSG 6 months ago, since then I had a minor foot surgery (couple nuroma's removed), but today my arm surgeon said that they are going to do a pretty major surgery fixing my arm - both (simply put) tennis & golfers elbow at the same time, cutting out the bad tendons and re-attaching to the elbow - I will be at least 3 months of rehab. This is so much more than any surgery I've had, I'm worried about how much stress my body can handle, I know being at a healthier weight now will help ...
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast