Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Neurorat

1. One Year Out...Musings, Observation and advice

Tomorrow marks my one year surgiversary. I have lost 78 pounds, 10 pounds below my revised goal. I have gone from being sedentary to exercising 5-6 days a week. I no longer avoid the stairs at work. I can be around all sorts of tempting food and my sleeve gives me the strength to stay on tack. No regrets.

Many people have asked me what I did to lose and how I maintain, so I thought I would break my experience into post op stages and share. This is only one way, and it worked for ...
  2. Life for a Couple After the Sleeve

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	854 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	9451

Our dinner tonight was Spicy black bean burgers topped with roasted red pepper hummus and a baked sweet potato sprinkled with cinnamon.

Apparently this couple who could kill a large pizza and some cookies in one sitting are eating a little lighter these days.

Here is a pic of our left-overs. My husband had the light plate (he eats less than me now since I am a year out and he is 3 weeks)
  3. Watching my husband (@Technomancer) and his new sleeve!

On January 22 my husband finally joined me on the sleeved side! His surgery was quite a different experience from mine. He used a different surgeon (Miami Valley raised their self pay prices by almost $10,000 so we used a surgeon that came recommended by my surgeon who was cheaper) and had a very different abdomen.

He had a history of exploratory laparotomy for dead bowel many years ago. This resulted in the formation of many dense adhesions (scar tissue) in the abdomen. The surgeon ...
  4. Husband will be joining me on this journey in December!!

Things have been going overall pretty well for me. I think that I am about done with weight loss. I seem to be losing maybe a half pound every week, if that. I ended up smaller than I thought I would which is okay (I guess its going to have to be!). I am still doing a pretty good job balancing a 90 + hour a week job, multiple sclerosis and my work out schedule/eating plan. I had a few weeks off of exercising when the fatigue was so bad I was sneaking naps at work, but I am back to running. Since ...
  5. Another NSV: Finished Pretty Muddy-the all women's mud and obstacle run!!!

This thing was UP A SKI HILL~sooo wasn't expecting that portion of it, but I got filthy, had a *great* time and finished another race.

I love how active I have become after this sleeve!!
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast