Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jarnols

1. Nsv

I never understood the NSV's until today. I was volunteering at my daughters Elementary School social and despite the fact the I involuntarily was dancing to the music which is something I never would have done before BUT when it came time for the volunteers to get pictures taken I did not run and hide. It was the best feeling ever!! Not caring if some took my picture... Love my sleeve !!
  2. Onederland at 9 weeks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steph iphone 164.JPG 
Views:	716 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	21644Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steph iphone 169.JPG 
Views:	791 
Size:	132.8 KB 
ID:	21645

Monday I was 9 weeks post op and if someone would have told be I would be under 200 pounds I would have thought they where crazy.I FEEL AMAZING!! I never would have been able to do this on my own.. I LOVE my SLEEVE. In the last few weeks I have also started going to they gym 5 days a week. I really hated it at first but now that I have my routine I look forward to going. I find that I need to go first thing in the morning ...
  3. 9 Days Post-OP

I had my surgery on Monday August 4th.. From all the research that I had done and from all the blogs from this site I could have read, nothing, I think really could have prepared me for the this surgery. I say that because truly everyone will have a different experience.

Overall I had an event free surgery. But nothing could have prepared me for the pain from the main incision site. Had to be the worse pain I have ever experienced. My medical team all said completely normal and to ...
  4. Its getting real

Surgery is in 3 days ...Yesterday I had all the pre-op stuff done.. Met with the anesthesiologist, blood test done and meet with my surgeon. I was having second thoughts up until this point. I guess I was feeling weird about have WLS when I weigh 250 pounds. While at all my appointments seeing all the people who are even heavier than me who just did not seem to care about how much they weighed walking around the hospital. It was not until I meet with my surgeon that I was reassured I was the prefect ...
  5. Back on my journey

About 2 months ago I blogged how I was hired for the USPS on a Friday and received my surgery date on the following Monday. I had to make the choice between a career and surgery. I figured I could always do my surgery after a 90 day probation period and I took the Postal Carrier job. Well its funny how life can change in a minute. I was 30 days into my job and I was bitten (more like a nip) from a dog. All accidents are to be reported so naturally I did and because it was in my probation period ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast