Surgeon
    Houston
    Last Activity
    04-19-2022 07:04 AM
    Said "Thanks" 31 Times
    Was Thanked 238 Times in 105 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 17 Times

Default Honest about negatives from Surgery

I guess I am in a contrary mood... So I will post what are my negatives....

I enjoyed eating, and I was damn good at it. I LOVED Hardees burgers, make me think of those hot, hot chicks every time I got a 1/3 lb $6 burger (that ironically cost $6). Gotta admit, Hardees has GREAT burgers.

I LOVE elk meat, and have 300 lbs of it in my freezer, and I can not eat it.

I am a CPA, its tax season, I need new belts, I do not have time to go shopping and I am on the last hole of my smallest ones.

I see cloths as tools, buy really nice stuff, leather Screaming Eagle cloths for riding bike (including leather pants and the like). I buy super high end hunting cloths (fell in north atlantic one year while bear hunting, in the winter, and survived). Great hunting gear has saved my ass more times than I can count, and its GOD AWFUL expensive, $400 pants are common. I like Italian Suits, hand made, they just great, and I am NOT a suit guy, but if I gotta wear one, its gonna be a damn good one. I have 8 of them. I like GREAT dress shirts, favorite is Keneth Cole, $60 at dillars (but $19 at Sams with limited selection). A good suit and shirt, with a Jerry Garcia tie is as comfortable as my jeans and work boots. If you alter pants to much the back pockets end up right next to each other and the pockets on the thigh end up on the back of your leg. Try running an ATV with that crap going on. I am now into my smallest compression fit underwear, shirts, running gear, etc. In a few months THOUSANDS of speciality needs cloths will not fit.

I am OFTEN cold, I used to sleep in underwear, or bare, with the ceiling fan on and thermostat set at 65. Now I sleep in socks and often with nylon underwear and shirt on.

Okay, rant over... I am off my pitty party.... I know, I sound pathetic and I was, I am over it.

I am down 46 lbs in 68 days. Its AWESOME. Starting to get comments from people who see me everyday. Even had someone ask if my health was okay (genuine concern from a client who cares). Sex is AWESOME, blood pressure is GREAT, no meds except for prilosec.

I am doing FANTASTIC, and full of pizz and viniger!

Now if I could just get all these hot chicks around here from chasing my ass I might be able to go back to work and make some money!

(PS Ladies, keep chasing my ass, I kinda enjoy it :-)

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    02/09/2015
    Last Activity
    03-18-2016 04:39 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 68 Times in 41 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: Honest about negatives from Surgery

Good job, no, great job!!!!!. Donate your clothes to working wardrobes and change someone's life! And you're a cpa, write it off ! ( The suits wouldn't bug me , but the hunting clothes would....Cabela's isn't cheap.) Enjoy your new life, what a blessing.

Surgery date
    07/22/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Pleatman
    Last Activity
    08-12-2020 09:40 AM
    Said "Thanks" 243 Times
    Was Thanked 88 Times in 68 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 25 Times

So far, I really do not have negatives. I am thrilled with the way I feel and happy with my results. I am a pound away from not being overweight -- and I feel more confident and healthier.

I suppose the cost of surgery was a negative, but I would pay it again in a heartbeat so....
    Day of Surgery 7/22: 201
    Month 1: 187
    Month 2: 176
    Month 3: 166
    Month 4: 158
    Month 5: 150
    Month 6: 143
    Month 7: 138
    Month 8: 133
    Month 9: 130 (reached target goal)
    Month 10: 126
    Month 11: 126
    Month 12: 123
    Month 13-18: 121-123 (weight range on maintenance)

Current goal: maintain weight in low 120s. Exercise 6 days a week - weight lifting, yoga, biking, running, paddleboarding, and just being active.

Surgery date
    12/22/2014
    Surgeon
    Houston
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 31 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky View Post
    So far, I really do not have negatives. I am thrilled with the way I feel and happy with my results. I am a pound away from not being overweight -- and I feel more confident and healthier.

I suppose the cost of surgery was a negative, but I would pay it again in a heartbeat so....
    Wait till the cost of new cloths comes in! It's enough to feel like a victim! I am so abused!!!!

Love ya, love your positive attitude! Go girl go!

Surgery date
    07/22/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Pleatman
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 243 Times

Numbers - oh, the new clothing.... YEP - been there, done that. And yes, it costs a ton. I have mainly bought upscale exercise clothes along the way. And they resale fabulously. But still not enough to completely cover the cost. Plus almost everything I try on fits and looks pretty good. Harder to make clothing decisions now.

Current goal: maintain weight in low 120s. Exercise 6 days a week - weight lifting, yoga, biking, running, paddleboarding, and just being active.

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Last Activity
    04-04-2018 04:03 PM
    Said "Thanks" 52 Times
    Was Thanked 121 Times in 113 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 30 Times

My negatives:

-Loose skin.
    -The instant aging factor. Boo!
    -I love(d) eating too. Sometimes it stinks to be full before I am done tasting. lol
    -The cost of new clothes.
    -My shoe wardrobe. My size went from 9.5 to an 8. This was the biggest cost by far. I had over 200 pairs of shoes. Many(half?) were shoes that were over $100/each, some well over that. I did the math once. Sob.
    -Labs, vitamins, and restrictions around meds. Not a biggie, but still not a positive.

While those are my negatives, none of them come close to holding a handle to what I have gained from having this procedure. No regrets!

Pre-op Diet Start Weight: 291
    Day of Surgery: 272 - 19 lbs on pre-op diet
    Month 1: 255 -17
    Month 2: 240 -15
    Month 3: 227 -13
    Month 4: 214 -13
    Month 5: 204 -10
    Month 6: 191 -13 100 POUNDS LOST!
    Month 7: 181 -10
    Month 8: 173 -8
    Month 9: 165 -8
    Month 10: 158 -7
    Month 11: 155 -3
    Month 12: 150 -5
    One year loss: -141

Gastric Sleeve Member trexlee001's Avatar
    Surgery date
    10/28/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr Latchman
    Last Activity
    05-07-2015 10:55 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 57 Times in 32 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times
    Blog Entries

Why does everyone need to know how much you spend on your hand made Italian suits?... or that you even wear Italian suits for that matter?

I think you must have very low self esteem because it's quite apparent in all of your posts that you REALLY need for people to know that you are succesful You need people to know that you have money, that you have a succesful business, that you're the boss in that business, that you're in commercials, that local people know who you are, that you're educated, that you're smart. People who are comfortable in their own skin don't need to constantly sing their own praises to others.

You're not comfortable letting people make their own determination about you on their own. You want to make sure you help people arrive at the conclusion you want them to have about you because you constantly honk your own horn. Why do you feel the need to tell everyone OVER AND OVER about your successes. Why do you need so much validation that you are succesful from a bunch of strangers on the internet? (Can't imagine how you must be in person at something like a dinner party).

Like going on about some "Leg press record" in your local gym for example. You wanted to make sure everyone knew that you were strong or that you were an expert about weight lifting because you hold some local gym's leg press record. Which brings me to my next question? Who keeps and maintains leg press records anyway? How is this record even earned? Does an employee come out and watch to make sure you lower/raise the leg press low enough? Then whenever someone in the future wants to attempt to break your leg press record do they have to have an employee come out and make sure they went to depth? Is it an over all weight record or are there weight/age classes? In the part of the country that I'm in we keep track of our records at officially sanctioned meets and they can only be won/earned on the podium.. Not in the gym during regular workouts. We also don't have leg press records or bicep curl records or leg extension records. We measure our records by the Holy Trinity of weight lifting. The squat, the Deadlift and the Bench Press... and we do that by body weight vs weight lifted as It's much more impressive for a 160lb man to leg press say 320lbs (I guess for depth and full extension?? I've never seen this lift measured or competed in so I don't know) than for a 300 lb man to leg press 500lbs. I have never been to a gym that had a Leg Press record posted anywhere so maybe I'm just out of the loop.

I hunt too.. I somehow manage to kill nice deer and turkey every year without spending $400 on a pair of pants..(and I don't hunt with outfitters on High fenced hunts.. I DIY Hunt) but if you have that kind of disposable income that you can have hand made Italian suits.. Expensive motorcycle riding clothes.. and $1000+ hunting outfits.. why not? You are helping to drive the economy I suppose. It just comes off as obnoxious and pretentious that you have to make sure everyone knows that stuff).. Most people on here say "Hey I just fit into a new pair of pants!" Where you say.. "Hey, I just fit into a pair of $1,000+ hand made Italian designer pants" (I've never owned a pair of hand made Italian anything so I have no idea on designer names).

Guess I'm in a contrary mood today too..

Surgery date
    07/22/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Pleatman
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 243 Times

I was worried about the aging factor. But I am hearing the opposite - people say I look 10 years younger not older. Are you hearing that you look older?

Quote Originally Posted by jmw View Post
    My negatives:

-The instant aging factor. Boo!

Name
    Charletta
    Surgeon
    N/A
    Last Activity
    11-27-2015 11:16 AM
    Said "Thanks" 16 Times
    Was Thanked 117 Times in 111 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,045 Times
    Blog Entries

Damn it Trexlee, I thought it, but wasn't going to say it!

I hate to admit it, but I honestly love it when someone rubs you the wrong way. This is for a couple of reasons; A) because usually if they bug you they bug me too and B) you have the knack for really telling someone how it is, without being rude.

Numbers, I am glad you are happy (for the most part) with your surgery! You have to understand where some of your posts come off as boastful. There are lots of smart, successful people on this site (that I communicate with away from here) that never mention how successful they are.

She thought she could......so she did!

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

I would suggest not buying really nice stuff until you hit your goal. If not, you will be wasting a whole lot of money.

Name
    Lora
    Surgery date
    08/29/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    07-12-2016 10:26 AM
    Said "Thanks" 18 Times
    Was Thanked 128 Times in 79 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 10 Times

Quote Originally Posted by char602 View Post
    there are lots of smart, successful people on this site that never mention how successful they are.
    bingo!

7/29/2014: 324 lbs
    8/29/2014: 305 lbs (surgery date)
    9/29/2014: 289 lbs
    10/29/2014: 281 lbs
    11/29/2014: 271 lbs
    12/29/2014: 263 lbs
    1/29/2015: 257 lbs
    2/28/2015: 250 lbs
    3/29/2015: 246 lbs
    4/29/2015: 239 lbs
    5/29/2015: 237 lbs
    6/29/2015: 232 lbs
    7/29/2015: 227 lbs
    8/29/2015: 225 lbs

Surgery date
    12/22/2014
    Surgeon
    Houston
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 31 Times

Sorry if the post came of wrong.... I figured everyone was wildly successful.

Surgery date
    04/22/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Elias Ortiz
    Last Activity
    02-20-2024 01:57 AM
    Said "Thanks" 206 Times
    Was Thanked 504 Times in 372 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 231 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
    Sorry if the post came of wrong.... I figured everyone was wildly successful.
    Numbers, I don't think you should apologize for anything. We're all at different socioeconomic stratas here and run in different circles. People should be able to handle that!

"Lee, by "own it!" your daughter means that you should be proud of your accomplishment and understand that you deserve this. Not because you have to pay it forward or backward to justify your own benefits. She means that this is YOUR accomplishment, and accomplishing that for yourself is enough. You do not have to fix everybody. And you do not owe anyone for the benefits you have earned. They are YOURS!" Ann2

Surgery date
    12/22/2014
    Surgeon
    Houston
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 31 Times

Lee- thanks. Teerex is a good guy, but obviously something came across wrong, on more than a few post. THe part about holding leg press in gym, well, its a group of red necks who keep score, its cool to win, but its not an International Body Building sanctioned event. Italian suits can be bought on ebay for $300 (where I get mine) and WOW, they are GREAT stuff. Cold weather hunting gear can be bought in May (as I do) and is AMAZING equipment, etc, etc, etc.

I figured all of us do that. Yal, life blessed me, but I am a long way away from a guy seeking attention. I just like to make EVERYONE feel great about themselves, and that includes me too.