Dr. Anya Feighin
    Last Activity
    06-24-2017 10:23 AM
    Said "Thanks" 280 Times
    Was Thanked 58 Times in 50 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 58 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Will it ever stop?

So this is more a question for people who are a year or couple years post-op. This is my story.

I started my weight loss journey at 215lbs. I set my goal at 130 for starters with the number 120 in my head though I never believed I would reach either. Then I decided to do 125. And a few days ago, one year and two months post-op, I stepped on the scale and saw 124.8! I have been stuck at 127-128 for the last couple months so I was beyond ecstatic! Looking at myself now, I decided I do not need to lose more. But this morning I stepped on the scale again and am down to 123.5. What is happening? I am having mommy makeover this Thursday. I expect I will lose 2 or 3lbs by the time I am fully healed so I will end up at 120 when all is said and done. That is okay because it was secretly my goal from the start.

I know this is crazy and I never would believe me saying these words but I do not want to lose too much weight! And I am still losing weight without trying/wanting to. I eat junk food. All the time. I know I should not complain about it but my mom and others have told me I am starting to look too skinny. I just laugh and say wait and see how I look after my mommy makeover! I am thinking (hoping) that this sudden fast drop in weight is just from being nervous and stressed with so much stuff happening and I expect (hope) that my weight will stabilize after surgery. I do not want to look anorexic. I like the way I look now except my belly and breasts which I am fixing this week!

So I just was wondering if anyone else who is a year or couple years out if you have experienced any issues where you felt like you lost more than you want to lose? Or am I just being silly?! Hehe.

I woke up this morning and decided to make a new video for my YouTube video blog (find the link in my signature below if interested). I went back and watched my last video and wow what a huge difference from then to now! That was almost a year ago and something like 60 pounds! If you watch my last weight loss related video (from January I believe it was) and this new one, it looks like I am not even me! I cannot believe that was me, to be honest. I do not recognize myself! Hehe.

With all that being said, I just want to say to anyone just starting their journey, I wish you lots of luck! And to all who are currently on their journey, I wish you continued success! I hope everyone does as well as I feel I have! I know you all can do it because I did it! It is so amazing when you reach your goal weight! Happy holidays to everyone and happy new year! Love and kisses to everyone! <3
    Lee

There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well and that's be you. Be what you're like. Be like yourself.

Follow my journey visually on youtube:<br>theugleeducklee&#39;s Channel - YouTube

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    09/22/2012
    Surgeon
    Mr Chris Sutton
    Last Activity
    11-10-2015 06:02 PM
    Said "Thanks" 37 Times
    Was Thanked 748 Times in 671 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 482 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Will it ever stop?

Obviously I'm still only a couple of months out, but I know Rainbow (3+ years I think) had this problem to the point she and her partner were getting worried about her weight loss. She talks about it in her blog (don't see her posting much recently). The main thing I remember her saying is just eat more calorie-dense foods (full-cream milk, butter etc) so that you get more calorie bang for your buck without having to increase the volume of food. Good luck!

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member mommyducky's Avatar
    Name
    Lee
    Surgery date
    10/31/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Anya Feighin
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 280 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by niamh View Post
    Obviously I'm still only a couple of months out, but I know Rainbow (3+ years I think) had this problem to the point she and her partner were getting worried about her weight loss. She talks about it in her blog (don't see her posting much recently). The main thing I remember her saying is just eat more calorie-dense foods (full-cream milk, butter etc) so that you get more calorie bang for your buck without having to increase the volume of food. Good luck!
    Thank you! My mom is 3 years out from her sleeve and has gained like 40lbs. She is struggling now to lose that weight back! It is kind of a strange place to be in because I do not want to lose much more weight but I also do not want to gain any! So it's like just a balancing act of trying to maintain my current weight. I do notice that my mom eats much larger quantities and I cannot do that. She thinks I am lying when I tell her I cannot eat more than I do but my body just rejects it and if I try to force myself to eat more then I feel sick and regret it. So eating more is not an option. I do eat calorie-rich foods. I actually find things like chocolate and candy easier on my tummy than healthy foods haha. It is crazy! I think that I just get full so fast that it doesn't matter what I eat. I am amazed that my mom is able to eat so much with her sleeve. But every body is different. I have an aunt who was sleeved about 5/6 years ago and has gained all the weight back! She is trying to now get a second surgery! It's really sad. But I think part of this whole thing is being mentally and emotionally prepared for this journey in order to succeed!
    Lee

There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well and that's be you. Be what you're like. Be like yourself.

Follow my journey visually on youtube:<br>theugleeducklee&#39;s Channel - YouTube

Surgery date
    09/13/2011
    Surgeon
    Rothchild
    Said "Thanks" 181 Times
    Was Thanked 530 Times in 430 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 12,041 Times
    Blog Entries

Wow you are doing amazing. I just wanted to ask did your surgeon for the mommy make over tell you how much he intends to take off in terms of weight because my surgeon said at this point I would loose 20 pounds of excess skin overall so thats why i wonder. You mentioned loosing a few pounds between now and when you are all healed. If you feel you are not stopping talk to your Dr that is important. I wish you the best and happy holidays!
    "Its Not Hard Its Just New!"
    Transforming from caterpillar to butterfly to phoenix!

7. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    09/22/2012
    Surgeon
    Mr Chris Sutton
    Last Activity
    11-10-2015 06:02 PM
    Said "Thanks" 37 Times
    Was Thanked 748 Times in 671 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 482 Times
    Blog Entries

I read somewhere that in the US they used to do larger sleeves, and have moved toward smaller sleeves over time as the research has suggested this is the way to go, and the best balance of restriction without complications has been discovered. So I wonder if your aunt and mother have larger stomachs since their's were a while back. I think Rainbow added in more routine higher cal rather than upping snacky type foods from memory - I guess the danger in increasing chocolates and other slider foods is the potential to get back to sugar/carb addiction.

9. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Lee
    Surgery date
    10/31/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Anya Feighin
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 280 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Wow you are doing amazing. I just wanted to ask did your surgeon for the mommy make over tell you how much he intends to take off in terms of weight because my surgeon said at this point I would loose 20 pounds of excess skin overall so thats why i wonder. You mentioned loosing a few pounds between now and when you are all healed. If you feel you are not stopping talk to your Dr that is important. I wish you the best and happy holidays!
    Wow girl, you look incredible!! Congrats to you on all your success! My surgeon actually did not talk about my weight at all other than to ask me if I was happy with my weight when I told him I had done weight loss surgery. They recommended not doing the mommy makeover if you want to lose a significant amount of weight (he told me 5-10lbs is okay). He also said they do a little bit of lipo-sculpting with most tummy tucks but I do not have much there so I may not need any lipo. As far as excess skin, the amount that I have is probably no more than a pound or two. I am not touching my arms or legs or anywhere else because there is no reason to. The only loose skin I have is on my tummy and it is a very small amount. Then there are my breasts which are empty and saggy so I will lift them and fill them just a bit. It probably won't change my weight much, if at all. The weight loss I expect is from the nerves and probably having difficulty eating during recovery.
    Lee

Name
    Lee
    Surgery date
    10/31/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Anya Feighin
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 280 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by niamh View Post
    I read somewhere that in the US they used to do larger sleeves, and have moved toward smaller sleeves over time as the research has suggested this is the way to go, and the best balance of restriction without complications has been discovered. So I wonder if your aunt and mother have larger stomachs since their's were a while back. I think Rainbow added in more routine higher cal rather than upping snacky type foods from memory - I guess the danger in increasing chocolates and other slider foods is the potential to get back to sugar/carb addiction.
    I actually did my sleeve in Israel with the same surgeon as my mom and only two years later so it is unlikely she has a larger stomach but anything is possible. I will have to investigate that. My aunt had a different surgeon but also in Israel. In her case, she gained the weight back because she is unstable and she eats till she pukes and then keeps eating. She does not listen to her body, she does not even try to be healthy and she thinks having surgery will miraculously make her thin. We know it does not work that way. Hehe
    Lee

Gastric Sleeve Member KennetteW's Avatar
    Name
    Kennette
    Surgery date
    09/24/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Tersigni
    Said "Thanks" 54 Times
    Was Thanked 52 Times in 37 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 745 Times
    Blog Entries

Do you exercise Lee?
    Highest Weight: 252
    Weight day 1 Pre-Op Diet 9/10/2012: 248
    Weight day of surgery 9/24/2012: 233.2
    Weight two days after surgery 244 (Fluid retention)

~The rest is still unwritten~

Name
    Lee
    Surgery date
    10/31/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Anya Feighin
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 280 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KennetteW View Post
    Do you exercise Lee?
    To be honest, no. I have always been very lazy (probably how I got so big in the first place). When I was at the start and my weight loss was going really well, I said that as soon as I see that I am no longer losing weight then I will start exercising. But I managed to reach - and pass - my goal weight without exercising. A few months out of surgery, I had a stall and for like a week I walked on the treadmill. Then like 2 or 3 months ago, I started a work-out program with my brother and his girl for like 3 days then they got lazy so we stopped. That is the extent of my exercising attempts. I would like to do something to strengthen my arms and legs but really it isn't a big concern. I am so busy most of the time that I do not even have time to think about exercise.
    Lee